We are proud to announce that Greenfish has recently been accepted as part of the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, the UN Global Impact. In doing so, Greenfish has committed itself to supporting and promoting the principles of the UN Global Compact. Great news for our CSR & Sustainability Department, led by our expert Jessica Peters, which aims at pushing other companies to take the next step in achieving their sustainable business objectives.
“Joining the UN Global Compact as part of our CSR Strategy is not -just- a one time action to show our effort regarding sustainability. It is rather a continuous commitment by Greenfish and its employees to further develop our sustainable business conduct. Therefore, I believe a sustainable approach should become part of our DNA and needs to be reflected in our day-to-day activities. I see it as my task to further improve our mindset, not only internally, but also towards our external stakeholders such as clients and the community.” – Jessica Peters, CSR & Sustainability Solution Manager @Greenfish
The UN Global Impact supports companies to:
- conduct business responsibly by aligning their strategies and operations with the ten principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption
- and to take strategic actions to advance broader societal goals, such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals, with an emphasis on collaboration and innovation.
Being part of this sustainable initiative means we are committing to:
- set in motion changes to business operations so that the UN Global Compact and the Ten Principles become part of our Greenfish strategy, culture and day-to-day operations, including in subsidiaries and the supply chain;
- advocate the UN Global Compact and the Ten Principles through all our communications channels;
- communicate annually towards our stakeholders on our efforts to implement the UN Global Compact principles and our progress with regards to our sustainability strategy.
With inspiration from the SDGs, we are actively involved in becoming a leading example for our ecosystem. In 2018, our “Enhance” program strengthened our organisation and fostered our capabilities to become an opinion leader in sustainability. We put our philosophy into practice by respecting regional, national, and European regulations, as well as all other applicable requirements, while promoting the CSR approach. We also commit to implementing the necessary actions to control and decrease as much as possible our environmental impacts. As there is still room for improvement regarding our performance, our association with the UN Global Compact initiative is anchored in our “Scale” program in which we will continue to play an active role in initiatives advancing specific key parts of the 2030 development targets.